This is an archived blog from when I ran Conscious Public Relations Inc. from 2008-2018. Excuse the potential outdated-ness!
Lessons from the Social Venture Institute Women Conference
It’s been a really rich week with lots of highs. Even the lows are to be celebrated. Here are my top takeaways from the two-day SVI Women Conference that I was a part of this past week:
- Our superpowers as leaders are often the solutions to our greatest obstacles.
- You prioritize your life. Know when to say no, but to also say yes.
- As women we have a special gift of intuition. Back that up with market research.
- There are infinite paths to how to grow a business. There is no right way, only a mix.
- Look at strategies in the lens of margins.
- When analyzing your capacity to grow, aim for a 40-80% run rate. When at 80%, plan for growth.
- Build the right team.
- When executing sales, find out the customer’s/clients’ pain points.
- In partnership businesses, make an agreement, and review it regularly.
- Fear is natural when you run a business. Do self-work (eg. lots of meditation) to overcome it.
- Creative pitches sell. Holy crap, do they ever.
Hope to see more amazing ladies in the social business world next year!